There are some things that families can do to streamline the process the evening of the workshop.
- Bring the student along
- Bring or know the student and parent social security numbers
- If the parent and student have already applied for a Federal Student Aid PIN, bring those 4-digit numbers along
- Tax info: Copy of 2015 federal income taxes and a copy of W-2's, record of unemployment and IRS schedules
- Other info:
- Amount of child support paid or received in 2015
- Asset information for parent and student - including current balance of cash, savings, and checking accounts, net worth of investments (not retirement accounts and not the home they live in), net worth of business or investment farm (only if business employs more than 100 full-time workers)
Parents and students are encouraged to attend.
Beginning in 2008 Changes in Distribution of FAFSA Forms
Paper FAFSAs will not be available for order in bulk. Students will be able to obtain a paper FAFSA by calling the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) or by visiting www.edpubs.org. Students may request up to three copies of the paper application and should receive their FAFSAs in three to seven business days.A PDF version of the FAFSA that students can submit for processing. Beginning in mid-November the PDF will be available for download on various Federal Student Aid Web sites, such as StudentAid.ed.gov. Students can access the PDF, complete the form on the computer or by hand, and mail it to the address provided for processing.