Wm. G. Mather Elementary
School Annual Education Report(AER)
May 29, 2018
Dear Parents and Community Members:
We are pleased to present you with the Annual Education Report (AER) which provides key information on the 2016-17 educational progress for Wm. G. Mather Elementary. The AER addresses the complex reporting information required by federal and state laws. The school’s report contains information about student assessment, accountability, and teacher quality. If you have any questions about the AER, please contact Mr. Dee Jay Paquette for assistance for assistance.
The AER is available for you to review electronically by visiting the following web site https://goo.gl/2n8dyd or you may review a copy in the main office at your child’s school.
For the 2016-17 school year, schools were identified using new definitions and labels as required in the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). A Targeted Support and Improvement (TSI) school is one that has at least one underperforming student subgroup. An Additional Targeted Support (ATS) school is one that has three or more underperforming student subgroups. A Comprehensive Support and Improvement ( CSI) school is one whose performance is in the lowest 5% of all schools in the state. Some schools are not identified with any of these labels. In these cases, no label is given. Wm. G. Mather Elementary has not been given one of these labels.
In addition to the data supplied in this report, State law requires that we also report the following additional information:
1. Students are assigned to Wm. G. Mather Elementary School based on their grade level. All students in grades K through 5 would go to Wm. G. Mather Elementary School.
2. The School Improvement Plan is reviewed and revised each school year by the School Improvement Team that meets monthly throughout the school year.
3. Wm. G. Mather Elementary School has an Early Childhood Developmental Program and a Preschool Program.
4. Wm. G. Mather Elementary School uses the core curriculum developed by the Michigan Department of Education. All grades follow the Grade Level Content Expectations. The entire curriculum, including the Michigan Merit Curriculum, can be accessed at the Michigan Department of Education website at www.michigan.gov/mde. All teachers in core areas have implemented this curriculum into their respective classes. If there are any variances from the state model, the variances are in addition to the required curriculum.
5. All student achievement results from the Michigan Educational Assessment Program are included in the data featured at the end of this report.
6. During the 2015-16 school year, 94% (287/305) of our parents attended the Parent/Teacher Conferences.
We are extremely proud of the performance and achievement of our Wm. G. Mather Elementary School students and of the dedication and professionalism of our teaching staff. Please do not hesitate to call me at 906-387-2102 to learn more about our school.
Dee Jay Paquette, Principal